Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today is the first day of the rest of my week


Blogging is new for me. What a dumb word, "blog". Crude. I feel a little embarassed everytime I say or type it. I guess it's easier to say than "Digital Online Journal".

Since this is a relatively new experience, I haven't exactly known what thots and experiences were "blog-worthy". So far, I've restricted my entries to things that are specific to construction mostly, since that's my job, and this is linked directly to my business site. But I'm not always doing the most interesting work. At least, not so interesting that I feel the need to document it on a weekly basis.

Then, last night, while eating dinner at Quinn's Lighthouse (my regular spot in the East Bay) it occurred to me that beyond my work, people hiring me (and perhaps others) might be interested in other aspects of my life. After all, it is my cumulative life experience that has helped me to define my opinions and passions, and these are the things that define my work.

So, from now on, I hope my entries create a more well-rounded view of my life, and how I live it. I intend to include my thoughts on design, architecture, art, the way people live, how we treat each other, and anything else worth writing down. I'll also include excerpts from my book-in-progress, "Always Carry A Sharpie" (working title). It's a book of advice and opinions, mostly from me, which makes it the most egotistical thing I've ever done.

For now, I'll just leave you with this: A giant lemon that looks like Grampa Simpson. My Niece brot (brought) it home from her Grandparents lemon tree. The green butter dish in the background is there for scale. Don't say "Gi-normous". We'll look back on that word combo as a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment