Sunday, November 8, 2009

Apartment Therapy! , & Airstream Open House!

Good news. The loft I designed and built in Oakland is featured on Apartment Therapy (.com).

In response to a couple of the comments about the sheetrock and ceilings, I thought I would post a few pics that show the framing in progress.








This was easily the most complex thing I've ever framed. It's basically a series of arched steel trusses, similar to a bridge, joined by ribs. I wish I had a photo looking straight up from the floor. That was one of the coolest views.








Obviously, my drywaller is pretty talented.

In AIRSTREAM news:

There will be an Official Open House for the AIRSTREAM the weekend of December 12-13th, which will correspond with the Berkeley Open Studios. Conveniently enough, the open studios takes place at the Sawtooth Building in Berkeley, which happens to be the same location as our shop and the Airstream.

By the way, this blogging website has changed the way things are entered and formatted, and I can't get it to display images properly. I'm not much of a computer guy, and unfortunately, I feel like the computer does a good job of making work that would otherwise seem impressive look pretty dumb.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading other people's praise of your work, almost (but not really) as much as I love your work itself. Beaming : >!

    ReplyDelete